Shrek The Third


Rated: PG for some crude humor, suggestive content and swashbuckling action
Runtime:
92 minutes


Seeing the trailers for this movie, I had low expectations. I thought they had over done it and created the whole "re-used jokes effect". Once I saw the movie I was only moderately surprised. While it is better then I thought it would be, It ranks low on my favorite movies list.

The thing that really makes this move bad is the first two Shrek installments, Shrek and Shrek 2. These films were so great that they made Shrek The Third seem like it shouldn't have ever existed. The good points in the movie include the voice overs, special effects, and storyline. While many people disliked it's storyline, I thought it was rather charming and had a nice a effect.

The movie starts out giving you a "whats up" on Shrek's life. The king of Far Far Away has recently died and Shrek is heir to the throne. Being the ogre that he is, he realizes he is no good at being king. Shrek, Donkey, and Puss in Boots head out to find the next heir to the throne, Artie, who is viewed as the "Nerd" in high school. A few laughs along the way land you into a fair ending.

While Shrek The Third had some potential ("some" used very lightly"), I enjoyed the first two installments so much more. I say skip this one and wait for it to hit your local video store.

Grade: C+

No comments: